A special needs trust allows appointment of a person to hold money and property for the benefit of a physically or mentally disabled individual. This type of trust provides for the needs of a disabled individual while ensuring eligibility for Social Security and Medicaid is maintained. They are usually funded by insurance policy proceeds (a parent dies and the life insurance is left to the disabled child), inheritances, gifts of property and money from family and friends, and settlements from lawsuits. Ultimately, special needs trusts are a very important tool for families of disabled children and siblings, as well families of disabled elderly parents.

If a Relative Requires a Special Needs Trust, Contact Brown Law.

While we at Brown Law do not personally handle conservatorships, we know very good, reasonably priced attorneys who do. We are more than happy to speak with you about your situation, and provide you with a referral to an attorney who can help you with your Utah special needs trust. To schedule an appointment, contact the attorneys at Brown Law by submitting our online contact form or by calling 801-685-9999 or 800-299-1016.

Get A Divorce Consultation With An Experienced Utah Attorney

Your privacy is 100% guaranteed, your information will never be sold or shared.

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute divorce advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific divorce issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a divorce consultation with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form above.

The use of the Internet (or this form) for communication with the firm (or any individual member of the firm) does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.