An annulment is an alternative to divorce that declares a marriage never happened. Many religious people seek annulments because their religion does not condone divorce. While popular, annulments are difficult to obtain, and are only granted for very specific reasons, such as:
- One party was married at the time of marriage
- Parties were the same sex
- Parties were closely related and not permitted to marry
- Refusal to consummate the marriage
- One party was under 18, and the party’s parents did not give consent
- Misrepresentation (e.g., one party hid serious mental illness, infertility, incurable impotence)
Contact Brown Law for an annulment
If you think you are entitled to an annulment in Utah, contact our Salt Lake City lawyers online or call us at 801-685-9999 or 800-299-1016. Brown Law will help you through the process.
Get A Divorce Consultation With An Experienced Utah Attorney
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute divorce advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific divorce issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a divorce consultation with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form above.
The use of the Internet (or this form) for communication with the firm (or any individual member of the firm) does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.