Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
McKenzie attended Utah State University on a University Club Scholarship, where she majored in International Studies with a minor in Women’s Studies. She graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2005.
She attended the J. Reuben Clark law School at Brigham Young university, graduating Cum laude in 2011. While in law school, she was the Publications Editor for the Education Law Journal. She also was the treasurer for the Environment, Energy, & Resource Society, Secretary for the Women’s Law Forum, and a board member for the Family Law Society.
McKenzie was on the Executive Committee for the Law and Religion Symposium, an annual conference held by the International Center for Law and Religion Studies at BYU. Each year, delegates from around the world meet together to discuss the importance of religious freedom and the laws that give religious freedom.
McKenzie was the Display Coordinator for the Strengthening the Family Symposium for two years. This conference is an interdisciplinary symposium designed to discuss issues that families face today.
Although McKenzie strongly believes in the importance of families, she realizes that sometimes divorce is the best solution for a family. She works towards divorces that are focused on making the lives of the children better and creating a new working relationship for the parents so that they can continue to provide care for their children.
McKenzie volunteers at the Family Justice Center to provide legal advice for people who cannot afford to hire an attorney.
Before becoming an attorney, McKenzie worked as a park ranger in Yellowstone National Park and Canyonlands National Park. She takes every possible opportunity to spend time outdoors – camping, hiking, snowshoeing, and skiing, She enjoys traveling with her friends and family. She has visited 26 different countries and all of the states in the US, except North Dakota.
Areas of Practice
- 60% Divorce
- Child support
- Utah, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of Utah, 2011
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah – 2011
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Environment, Energy, & Resource Society, Treasurer
- Honors: Women’s Law Forum, Secretary
- Honors: Family Law Society, Board Member
- Honors: Law and Religion Symposium, an annual conference held by the International Center for Law and Religion Studies, Executive
- Law Review: Education Law Journal, Publications Editor, 2010 – 2011
Utah State University, Logan, Utah
- B.A. magna cum laude – 2005
- Honors: University Club Scholarship
- Major: International Studies
- Minor: Women’s Studies
- Display Coordinator, Strengthening the Family Symposium
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Family Law Section, Member, 2012 – Present
- Women Lawyers of Utah, Member, 2011 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Walker, Steiner, & Schmidt, Independent Contractor, 2013 – 2015
- Macarthur, Heder, & Metler, Law Clerk, 2011 – 2012
- U.S. Department of the Interior, Office of the Solicitor, Extern, 2011 – Present
- Yellowstone National Park, Park ranger
- Canyonlands National Park, Park ranger
Pro Bono Activities
- Family Justice Center, 2010 – 2011
Get A Free Consultation With An Experienced Utah Attorney
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a free consultation with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form above.
The use of the Internet (or this form) for communication with the firm (or any individual member of the firm) does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.