Clay was born in Southern California but spent a significant portion of his childhood in Orem, Utah. Clay attended Brigham Young University and graduated with his bachelor’s degree in history in 2010. Clay then attended the University of Kansas School of Law and graduated in 2014.
During law school, Clay clerked for various judges and firms with a focus on family law. Clay practiced in Kansas and Missouri for a few years before returning to Utah with his family. Clay resumed practicing family law as soon as he was admitted to the Utah Bar. Clay also has experience with tax planning, business planning, estate planning and criminal law.
Outside of work, Clay enjoys spending time with his wife and their two sons. He loves all things Star Wars and Marvel. He enjoys watching sports, particularly the NBA, NHL, and BYU athletics.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce and Separation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Protective Orders
- Utah, 2017
- Kansas, 2014 (inactive)
- Missouri, 2015 (Inactive)
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2014 (inactive)
- U.S. District Court District of Utah, 2017
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas – J.D. – 2014
- CALI Awards in Business Tax, Nonprofit Law, and Estate Planning: Principles
- Tax Law Certificate
- UMB Bank Excellence in Estate Planning Award
Brigham young University, Provo, Utah – 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Utah State Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association