I recently listened to a podcast from Lee Rosen, a North Carolina divorce attorney. (Click here to listen to the podcast.) Lee dispenses very sage and common-sense advice for running a law firm. His marketing advice is super interesting and mostly focused on networking. I think it’s ultra-useful stuff for Utah divorce lawyers, hence why I’m posting about it.
During the podcast, Lee provided 10 marketing tips you can implement today for essentially no money, namely:
- Go to city council meetings
- Meet your government officials
- Meet people in your building
- Buy and bring lunch for lawyers at the courthouse
- Drop in on old contacts at their office
- Go to Bar Association board meetings
- Join meetup.com and find a meetup that interests you
- Have lunch at a bar and talk to people at the bar
- Be generous and drop off a donation at your local charity
I know, that’s only nine, but for the life of me I can’t remember #10. You’ll have to listen to the podcast to pick it out.
Lee also gave some advice for networking in general: (1) go further than your comfortable, and (2) be more annoying in your networking.
This is good advice, especially for me. I tend not to get outside myself when I network, and I’m sure I’m not alone in this. Guess it’s time to get uncomfortable.
Get A Legal Consultation With An Experienced Utah Attorney
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute divorce advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a divorce consultation with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form above.
The use of the Internet (or this form) for communication with the firm (or any individual member of the firm) does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.