Life is not always like the movies, where all of the conflicts are resolved at the end of the show. This can be especially the case in matters of divorce: even if it goes all the way through court, sometimes even a judgment obligating one spouse to pay for child support does not always mean that disagreements or even resentments may still persist – which in turn can lead to ongoing problems getting your ex-spouse to fully comply with at least part of the decision.

So what do you do if it happens?

Utah law provides for a legal remedy to enforce compliance with domestic orders. That is the good news. The other news is that the legal enforcement mechanism was not designed or written with you in mind. Unless you are already a practicing family law attorney, sifting through the procedures for how to prepare, file, and argue for enforcement of domestic order, you can quickly become bogged down in the technical details, such as service of process, writing a persuasive motion, and filing in the right location.

What can make matters worse is that if you miss what seems to be an obscure detail, that can have the effect of delaying your remedy or even result in your motion not being considered. The information website for Utah courts does not recommend that you try to undertake such an endeavor on your own.

A final consideration to keep in mind is that not all attorneys are the same. If you need assistance with your motion to enforce a domestic order, a good idea would be to focus your search for qualified attorneys to those whose practice includes divorce and family law matters.

Get A Legal Consultation With An Experienced Utah Attorney

Your privacy is 100% guaranteed, your information will never be sold or shared.

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute divorce advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a divorce consultation with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form above.

The use of the Internet (or this form) for communication with the firm (or any individual member of the firm) does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.