What Can I Change in my Divorce Decree?

So, you have a Utah divorce decree you negotiated (probably) or you got from trial (way less likely).


Now, you want to change some aspects of that decree.


Can you? If so, what can you change and what can't you change?

The answer is pretty straightforward: you can change anything about your decree.


Yep, you can ask the Court to change any aspect -- e.g., alimony, child support, custody, vacation time, etc.


Now, whether the Court approves your change is another matter. That depends on how compelling your reasoning and evidence is.


That said, you don't need to worry about something being off limits. You can change anything in your decree.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get a Consultation with an Experienced Attorney

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Phone 801.528.9697 Fax 800.299.1016

Office Location

Salt Lake City Office | 740 East 9000 South Suite A | Salt Lake City, UT 84094 | Phone: 801-528-9697 | Fax: 800.299.1016 | Salt Lake City Law Office Map

Orem Office | 545 E University Pkwy | #200 | Orem, UT 84097 | Phone: 385-477-5003 | Map & Directions

Google Map Google Map

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.